Work in progress

Work in progress
Works, development and other distractions.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Doors.





Recently when designing/ drawing a citadel, I came across a small obstacle.
The doors.

Now, the citadel was in a state of ruin and mostly destroyed, so I could have just done some smashed tinder and debris. To me the details and style of a structure or it's architecture can help set a mood. Generic 'castle doors' wouldn't do for me, so I set out to design doors that fit the structure, which was sinister and cruel in nature....well, I'm hoping it looks that way.

There are three doors. Each a different 'layer' of the citadel. The further out ones (outer doors) are more protective and less ornamental. The further in, more decorative, and less of a real gate.

First door. Outer door. Meant to be protective and formidable.


Secondary door. Inner Gate door. More decorative, but still sturdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment